Ginger snap recipe
Yield: Yields about 40 cookies.
These snaps have a crunchy texture and a great, spicy warmth.
- 7-one/two oz. (1-2/3 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- one-1/two tsp. ground ginger
- one tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/two tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. table salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- one/four tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- one/4 lb. (one/2 cup) unsalted butter, completely softened at space temperature
- three/four cup packed dark brown sugar
- one huge egg yolk
- three Tbs. molasses
- Nutritional Sample Size primarily based on 40 servings
- Calories (kcal) : 60
- Excess fat Calories (kcal): 20
- Fat (g): two.5
- Saturated Excess fat (g): one.5
- Polyunsaturated Excess fat (g):
- Monounsaturated Unwanted fat (g): .5
- Cholesterol (mg): 10
- Sodium (mg): 35
- Carbohydrates (g): 9
- Fiber (g):
- Protein (g): 1
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- In a huge bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium pace until light and fluffy, about three min. Add the egg yolk and molasses and mix until finally properly blended, about one minute. Add the flour mixture and combine on medium-low velocity until finally the dough is properly blended and kinds moist pebbles, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Dump the dough onto an unfloured function surface gently knead till it comes together. Form into an eight-inch-long log about 1-one/two inches in diameter and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until finally company, about three hrs.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F. Line two massive cookie sheets with parchment or nonstick baking liners.
- Unwrap the dough and use a thin, sharp knife to lower the log into three/sixteen-inch slices. Arrange the slices about 1 inch apart on the sheets. Bake one sheet at a time until finally the cookies are somewhat darker brown on the bottoms and about the edges, 10 to 12 min. Set the sheet on a rack to cool for 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack and let cool entirely. When great, shop in airtight containers.
- Ginger flavor intensifies with time, creating these cookies exceptional cand >
- Baking Soda
- Black Peppercorns
- All-function Flour
For the greatest benefits, measure your flour by weight instead of volume. (one cup of all-purpose flour equals 4-one/2 oz.) If you don’t have a scale, be positive to use the correct method when filling your measuring cups.
Really like to cook? Indicator up these days to get daily recipes from Fine Cooking plus specific provides
Include to Record
Ginger Provides Warmth to Cookies
Fee or Review
Reviews (five critiques)
Ginger Snaps have been my favourite cookie since I was a child so when I came across this recipe I was elated. This is such a straightforward, no-fuss recipe that I had every little thing on hand plus I had some crystalized ginger in my pantry that I decided to chop and include to the top. They turned out excellent! This recipe produces a cookie with just the appropriate quantity of crunch, the perfect sum of spice and everything that tends to make a Ginger Snap pure heaven. When these had been finished baking, I brewed a cup of Orange Pekoe Tea to have with them and realized that it is accurate when they say, “The easiest issues are often the greatest.”