Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day! Yes, you can sing along with me if you’d like! What are you going to do today? I’m planning on what to do with my girls and 2 little guys that are coming to play this afternoon. What are some of my ideas you ask? We’re going to sit in a circle and stare at each other…….for 3 hours….yep..maybe get a tan while we’re at it! Baahahaha!!! Nope, that would not fly with any of them! I’m going to pick a few items from my list below and have some fun! If you have more ways to entertain those littles, comment below…I’d love to hear them.
- Chalk Drawing — fill up those neighborhood sidewalks, make masterpieces on the driveways….use what you’ve got!
- Hopscotch—-keep that chalk out, find the best rock or beanbag you’ve got, and have fun!
- Tic-Tac-Toe—- with chalk or Use my ideas to get you started! If you click on the picture here, you will see a printable page to use! You’re welcome!
- Take a hike— there are trails everywhere! But if you don’t have a real trail, create your own “trail”. Enjoy the outdoors.
- Read outside—-take a book, magazine, catalog, recipe book, anything….and READ!
- Pitch a tent in the back yard
- Garden together—pick those weeds! Won’t that be soooooo fun! (says I, the brown thumb of the family!!)
- Go to the beach— don’t forget your sunscreen, beach towels, cooler of drinks and snackies!
- Go fishing— in a boat or off the shore, just as fun, making memories!
- Build a sandcastle— obviously it goes along with beach going right???!!! Just remember a bucket or cup or bowl….no need to be fancy…that’s what imaginations are for!
- Color. Just color. Take out the paper or color books and color. Lay on a blanket in the back yard, sit at the table on the deck, and color!
- Do a scavenger hunt with the kids. I have one here for you to start with! Click on it for a printable PDF! Then make your own with your kiddos!
- Take a bike ride
- Play volleyball
- Make ice cream— either make yours using an ice cream maker (I recommend the Pampered Chef Ice cream maker of course!!) or make the Ice cream in a bag!
- Go to ALL the parks in your city—this one will take the whole summer!!
- Host a party in your backyard!
- Put on a play
- Have a picnic
- Pick flowers
- Skip rocks
- Take pictures and make a scrapbook
- Have a lemonade stand
- Take a trip to the zoo
- Make a bird feeder
- Take out the sprinkler or pool
- Make recycling art— utilize all the different items in your recycling can and get creative!
- Go to the movie theater— get away from the heat!
What else would you add to my list?
I’m hoping to get through this whole list this summer, and I hope you do too!