She crab soup
A single spoonful of this rich Lowcountry soup will send your palate into overdrive. Garnish with tough-cooked eggs, ground pepper, and a number of parsley springs for a bright note of color.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/4 cup all-objective flour
- four cups half-and-half
- one/two teaspoon salt
- one/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of Outdated Bay seasoning
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- two hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- three tablespoons crab roe (optional)
- Sherry (optional)
- Garnishes: chopped challenging-cooked egg, freshly ground pepper, and fresh parsley sprigs
How to Make It
Melt butter in a Dutch oven more than minimal heat include onion and cook over medium heat, stirring continually 5 minutes or right up until tender.
Whisk in flour until mixture is smooth. Cook one minute, whisking continually. Gradually whisk in half-and-half cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until finally mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and up coming 6 elements. Include roe, if preferred, and sherry to taste. Garnish, if wanted.